What New Patients Should Know
While our skilled team is trained to perform the most complex surgical and interventional procedures, we always start by taking the time to thoroughly understand your situation and goals. Then, we consider and discuss the most conservative treatment options appropriate for you and coordinate your care every step of the way.
A dedicated team, a single point of contact
Each of our physicians is backed by a comprehensive team of medical and administrative professionals who are devoted to delivering exceptional, personalized care to each of our patients. You’ll get a dedicated patient concierge who will serve as your single point of contact—coordinating your care from your very first appointment throughout your entire care journey.
A very thorough process
Our subspecialized medical and surgical experts take the time to fully understand your medical condition and thoroughly explain your treatment options:
- We carefully review information from your referring physician, along with reports and images from imaging, lab, or other studies.
- We perform a detailed medical history, neurological examination and analysis of any lab tests and imaging studies you have already had.
- We outline a treatment plan in a calm, unhurried environment, making sure that you thoroughly understand your condition and the next steps.
- Once we have all of the information we need, we recommend one or more treatment approaches that take your unique situation and goals into account.
- We work collaboratively with other physicians and surgeons whenever appropriate, and may refer you to other specialists to provide optimal care.
Preparing for your visit
- If required by your insurance, please obtain a referral or prior authorization.
- Please ensure that your referring physician or imaging center has sent copies of all reports, images, and medical records (such as history and physical information) to give us a clear understanding of your condition and any care to date. Please also bring a hard copy of this information to your first visit, if possible.
- Please complete these forms and bring them with you.
- Please bring a photo ID, your insurance card, and a list of current medications.
Explore stories of healing from our patients here, and discover more patient information here.
Insurances We Accept
We are in-network providers for most insurance plans, including:
- Horizon BC/BS of NJ
- Medicare (including Aetna)
- Hospital employee plans (Hackensack, Valley Hospital, Holy Name)
We accept payment from all insurers. Where we do not participate in your plan, we will work directly with your insurer to help you receive coverage. You can use our second opinion service without going through your insurer.